New Easy module offers straight-forward, time-to-market design and cost savings for industrial drives
Chicago, May 21, 2019 – Newark, the Development Distributor, is now shipping the new 1200 V TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 and emitter-controlled EC7 diode from Infineon. Packaged in the well-known Easy housing, this EasyPIMTM IGBT7 provides higher power density, lower system cost, and reduced system size. The 1200 V TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 and EC7 diode technology is based on latest micro-pattern trenches technology and optimized for industrial drive applications which means much lower static losses to meet energy efficiency requirements, softer switching and improved controllability. Additionally, by raising the allowed maximum overload junction temperature up to 175 °C in the power module, a significant increase of power density can be obtained.
The 1200 V TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 is available in a range of modules—the EasyPIM™ 1B 1200 V; three phase input rectifier PIM (Power Integrated Modules) in 10 A and 25 A options; and the 1200 V sixpack IGBT moduleEasyPACK™ 2B 1200 V, 100 A sixpack IGBT module. The new modules are designed with the same pin out as TRENCHSTOP IGBT4 modules, which support design engineers in reducing design effort. New modules also enable a higher output current in the same package, or the similar output current in a smaller package resulting in more compact inverter designs where needed. All module types are equipped with Infineon’s reliable PressFit mounting technology for low ohmic resistance and reduced process time.
Key benefits of TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7 include:
- Low losses – new chip technology shows extremely lower losses with optimized low Vce(sat).
- dv/dt optimized for 2-8kV/µs, tailored for drive application
- Short circuit is tailored for better performance, 8µs @150°C is enough for drive application.
- The gate drive is simpler and optimised for application condition. Only a gate resistor is enough to control
- Increase of Tvjop up to 175°C increase the power density
- Best-in-class VCE(sat)
- Operation at 175°C at overload
- Enhanced controllability optimized for drive applications
- Higher power density – Same power in 35% smaller package